The Town of Huntington will reopen golf courses at Crab Meadow and Dix Hills Friday, with extra safety rules in place.
- Raised cups; golfers will not need to remove flags
- Rakes removed from sand traps
- All transactions taking place through a window (credit card payments preferred)
- Tee times spaced out to 15-minute intervals
- Per Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s Executive Orders:
- Golf carts will not be available for use (per Executive Order directive regarding essential and non-essential staffing)
- Golfers must wear face masks or other suitable face coverings in situations where they are unable to keep 6 feet away from others
“After consulting with other municipalities across Suffolk County, we have elected to reopen per the Governor’s recent Executive Order,” said Supervisor Chad A. Lupinacci. “Preventive measures will continue to be employed so that our golfing community can safely enjoy our beautiful courses.”
Crab Meadow Golf Course (18-Hole), 220 Waterside Road, Northport, (631) 757-8800, [email protected]: Crab Meadow Golf Course is Huntington’s home for golf. Crab Meadow is located in Northport, New York along the picturesque North Shore. With breathtaking views of the Long Island Sound on each shot, Crab Meadow is sure to please every caliber of golfer. Designed by architect William F. Mitchell, the golf course is 6,574/5,658 yards with a rating of 71.6/73.7 and a slope of 125/126. With our professional staff and friendly atmosphere, we are confident you will make Crab Meadow your home for golf. Crab Meadow Golf Course is managed by Dietz Golf Corp.
Dix Hills Park Golf Course (9-Hole), 575 Vanderbilt Parkway, Dix Hills, (631) 499-8005, [email protected]: Dix Hills Park Golf Course is a golf experience the entire family can enjoy. The par 31 layout rolls through Dix Hills Park with forgiving fairways and ample greens and is a fine place to hone skills for younger players or a great place for a relaxing nine hole round with friends. An irons only driving range and practice putting green are also available to warm up and practice.