Suffolk County Police arrested eight people during an overnight sobriety checkpoint in Huntington Station Friday night and Saturday morning.
Police officers from the Suffolk County Police Department Highway Patrol Bureau’s Selective Alcohol Fatality Enforcement Team (SAFE-T) and the 2nd Precinct, assisted by New York State troopers, stopped cars at the corner of New York Avenues and Church Street.
The checkpoint was part of a Columbus Day holiday weekend enforcement initiative targeting impaired driving due to alcohol and/or drugs. A total of 363 vehicles went through the checkpoint.
The following people were charged with driving while intoxicated:
* Erica Scheppy, 46, of Greenlawn
* Stacy Abrams, 40, of Bethpage
* Katerina Patsalos, 43, Dix Hills
* Anvesh Jagini, 26, of Huntington
* Luis Mendoza, 48, of Huntington Station
* Angel Maldonado, 23, of Winter Haven, FL
* Tyler Rowe, 25, of Commack
Joseph Cacciato, 23, of Huntington Station was charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs and criminal possession of a controlled substance 7th degree.
Arraignement is scheduled for Saturday.