A coalition of artists, business and community leaders and others from around Long Island are organizing to promote a public health campaign and encourage eligible residents to get a Covid-19 vaccination.
The group, ShotToReunite, will announce a “Call to Artists” Sunday in Huntington Station to elicit original artwork to be used in a poster campaign to deliver a message about health.
Members of the group include:
- Marc Courtade and Kieran Johnson, Huntington Arts Council
- Dr. Sara Siddiqui, MD
- Julie Lyon, Westbury Arts
- Diego Garcia, Brentwood artist
- Luis Vazquez, Long Island Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Tracey Edwards, Long Island regional director of the NAACP
- Kevin Thorbourne, Huntington minority affairs director
- Diane Burke, East End Arts
“We believe that the creativity expressed by artists has the potential to add urgency and clarity to public health messaging and address vaccine hesitancy in ways that traditional communications cannot,” the group said.