The Huntington Town Board recently took these actions:
- Appointed liaisons to the Huntington Anti-Bias Task Force: Dr. Eve Krief; Pilar Moya; Veronica Melgar; Guillermo Perez; Reverend Glorious Artis.
- Appointed Mara S. Manin Amendola as a member of the Planning Board.
- Appointed and reappointed members to the Harbor and Boating Advisory Council: June Kendrick; Robert Stork; Jonathan Heidelberger; Daniel Wolfe; George Devine; Richard Puccinelli; Michael O’Rourke; Michael DiPasquale; Pamela Setchell; Richard Rothamel.
- Appointed John Castagna as an alternate member to the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Authorized Supervisor Chad Lupinacci to execute a license agreement with Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 9263 for the use of the building at 319 Cuba Hill Road, Huntington for $1,200 per year.
- Designated the building and property known as the “The Burr House” or Old Burr Farm, 423 Town Line Road in Commack as an historic landmark.
- Sitting as the Board of Trustees, authorized the president to execute an agreement with Terry Marine, Inc. and Race Coastal Engineering for emergency engineering and construction services for the bulkhead and comfort station at the Mill Dam Marina.
- Authorized the execution of a contract with the Long Island Rebels accepting a donation from monies raised through a charity hockey game at Dix Hills Rink on February 9, 2019 for the upgrade and improvement of the Dix Hills Rink.
- Accepted donations from the Huntington Cultural Affairs Institute, Inc. and various merchants and businesses to sponsor a winter wonderland annual holiday lights event at Heckscher Park.