The Town of Huntington is reopening boat launches Saturday with the following rules in place.
Beaches are open.
Other recreation-related news:
Crabmeadow and Dix Hills golf courses opened Friday.
- Tee Time reservations must be made online for Crab Meadow Golf Course or Golf Now. Dix Hills Golf Course allows walk-ups.
- Parks and trails are open
- Mill Dam Ramp, Soundview and Cold Spring Harbor/Billy Joel Park Ramps previously opened; All remaining ramps will open Saturday.
- Marinas: Halesite Marina and Mill Dam Marina opened on April 21.
- Gold Star Motorized Boat Launch Service: The motorized boat launch service will be accessible at Golf Star Battalion Beach directly starting Saturday; everyone must on the boat must wear a face mask and they are strongly advised to wear gloves: until then, a launch operator at Halesite Marina will take up to three people to the Gold Star mooring field to access their boat; each person who will be on the boat must wear a face mask and they are strongly advised to wear gloves.
- SHELLFISHING: Commercial baymen may continue to operate using their 2019 permits, until Town Hall reopens and is able to process 2020 permits, at Mill Dam Boat Ramp, Cold Spring Harbor/Billy Joel Park Boat Ramp, and Soundview Boat Ramp.