As some school lunch programs come to an end for the summer, other options are available to those in need.
The Huntington school district has posted the following list of food banks and pantries and their schedules. In addition, our calendar shows places, times and dates for ongoing programs; search the word “food” in the calendar.
Note: Hands is closed until July 5 when it will resume collection and donation services.
In addition, the district has scheduled five food drives:
- Associated Teachers of Huntington (ATH) Monday, July 6 & Friday, July 10
- Huntington Booster Club Monday, July 20 & Friday, July 24
- Huntington Special Education PTA (SEPTA) Monday, Aug. 3 & Friday, Aug. 7
- Huntington Council of PTAs Monday, Aug. 10 & Friday, Aug. 14
- District Schools Principal Association (DSPA) Monday, Aug. 24 & Friday, Aug. 28
Those who want to donate food on those dates may do so at the Jack Abrams STEM Magnet School, administrative parking lot at 50 Tower St., from 9 AM until noon. All items collected will be delivered to local pantries and assembled in baskets for delivery.