Suffolk County said Wednesday that six county parks, including the Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium, will host a free series of outdoor movies.
The Vanderbilt will host Back to the Future, Sept. 18, with the a showing of The Goonies Friday at Lake Ronkonkoma County Park.
The series includes:
- Elf – Friday, September 3 at Gardiner County Park
- Matilda — Friday, Sept. 17 at Lake Ronkonkoma County Park
- Back to the Future – Saturday, Sept. 18 at The Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium
- The Wizard of Oz – Friday, Sept. 24 at Gardiner County Park
- The Addams Family – Saturday, Sept. 25 at Lake Ronkonkoma County Park
“What better way to spend time with family and friends than enjoying a movie under the stars at one of our County parks,” said Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone. “The County’s Community Movie Night Series kicks off this Friday and will showcase iconic films that residents of all ages will enjoy.”
Entrance begins at 6 p.m., with the screenings beginning at sunset. Guest are encouraged to bring their own chairs, blankets, beverages, and snacks.
Suffolk County has partnered with the Reclaim Our Water initiative, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, the Long Island Nitrogen Action Plan, Plaza Cinema and Media Arts Center, and the Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium for the free community movie series.
For more information and to secure tickets, residents can visit SuffolkCountyny.gov/MovieNight. Admission is free, and seating is available on a first-come basis.