Suffolk County Police, assisted by New York State Police, arrested eight people and seized one vehicle during an overnight sobriety checkpoint in Huntington Station.
Police officers from the Suffolk County Police Department Highway Patrol Bureau’s Selective Alcohol Fatality Enforcement Team (SAFE-T), assisted by New York State Troopers and officers from the Second Precinct, conducted a sobriety checkpoint on southbound Route 110 at Church Street in Huntington Station from 11:15 p.m. Friday night to 2:15 a.m. Saturday morning. The checkpoint was part the on-going Saturation Saturday enforcement operation, a nationwide Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) initiative targeting impaired driving. A total of 423 vehicles went through the checkpoint.
The following people were charged with Driving While Intoxicated:
- Marcos Alvarado, 39, Hicksville
- Brian McGee, 52, East Patchogue
- Christofer Lomp, 25, Centerport
- Joseph Lavolpe, Sr., 50, Seaford
- Andrea Fasting, 49, Oakdale
- William Nieves, 34, Brentwood
- Danielle Donaldson, 38, Huntington Station
The following person was charged with Driving While Ability Impaired by Alcohol:
- Kevin Nitzsche, 45, Ronkonkoma
The above individuals will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on August 24th.