Assemblyman Andrew Raia (R,C,I,Ref-East Northport), is urging the restoration of funding to numerous healthcare cuts. The cuts he opposes include:
- $4.1 million cut from Adult Day Health Care Transportation
- $6.4 million cut from Managed Long Term Care Transportation
- $3 million cut through eliminating the Supplemental Ambulance Rebate Payments
- $4 million cut through eliminating the Rural Transportation Assistance
- $17.5 million cut through eliminating the Medicare Part B Cost Sharing program for Ambulance service
“I urge the legislative leadership to restore the $500 million in total cuts to Medicaid, which include cuts to vital services such as nursing homes and at-home care providers,” said Raia. “Since both houses have opposed these cuts, I’m optimistic that the governor will come to an understanding and restore these funds in the final budget.”
The state budget is due to be passed by Monday.