The Suffolk County Police Department is hiring school crossing guards.
Candidates can apply through their local precinct. Unless requested, crossing guards are assigned to an intersection within the precinct they live in. The starting pay is $20 an hour for substitute guards and $18 an hour for permanent guards. Permanent positions offer part-time hours, while receiving the same medical, vision and dental benefits as full-time Suffolk County employees. All crossing guards will receive a one-day training and have a flexible schedule.
To apply: https://suffolkpd.org/Career-Opportunities/Crossing-Guard-Information/Crossing-Guard-English
- Greets and welcomes customers while on the selling floor
- Support and administer new receipt processing according to company standards
- Search and pick merchandise from selling floor and stock rooms for all fulfillment types
- Learn and apply packing policies and techniques to make sure every customer receives their package in excellent condition
- Participate in the completion of all logistical initiatives including RTV’s, CDTs, price changes, damages/salvages, job outs, etc.
- Embrace and be proficient with technology
- Support store during big-day events
- Patient discharge and medical records processing
- Document Capture and process medical records from Huntington Hospital
- Obtain, maintain, and update records within the system
- Scan and save documents electronically and save to EMR (Electronic Medical Records) system
- Utilize Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to maintain inventory records
- Performs word processing and various other clerical duties for department as assigned
- Team rotation to pick up records from Huntington Hospital medical records office, generally once or twice a week per team member
- The Support Staff is responsible for the safety for all clients and children as well as daily shelter maintenance.
- Conducts client shelter intake and enforces client compliance with shelter policies and procedures.
- Documents all shelter activities, writes incident reports and staff memos.
- Briefs incoming staff member on shelter activity. Brings staff member up-to-date on daily client census.
- Begins shift by surveying shelter conditions to maintain safety, cleanliness and documenting issues.
- Conducts morning and evening room checks.
- Maintains shelter property safety during inclement weather.
- Answers shelter door, which remains closed and locked at all times.
Wash-Dry-Fold, Pick up your customers laundry, wash-dry-fold, and deliver.
Use the app to accept, shop, and deliver orders to Shipt members in your area.