Employers in the Huntington area are hiring to fill several positions. Here are a few.
Teacher, Samaritan Daytop Village
Responsible for providing an environment conducive to the individual learning needs of each student. Teachers are expected to respect and observe the Agency’s values and principles and work within its established timework.
Suffolk County government is seeking multiple civil litigation attorneys in various disciplines to provide counsel and analysis, to develop legal solutions for Suffolk County.
· Attend depositions, court conferences and trials
· Conduct legal research and draft motions
· Manage pleadings and documentary discovery
· Handle cases from inception of litigation through verdict or settlement
-The Trial Attorney role requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a trial attorney with a minimum of 5 trials to jury verdict.
-The Civil Litigation role requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience with excellent writing skills. Appellate experience preferred.
· Admitted to practice in NYS required and Federal District Court preferred.
Customer Service/Sales associates maintain the in-stock condition of assigned areas, and ensure it is clean, shop-able, and safe. Each associate has the responsibility of providing a safe working and shopping environment by following all safety policies & standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards & unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the manager on duty.
Medical Assistant, NYU Langone
Assists patients and communicate with physicians to obtain prescription renewals as needed.
• Answers telephone in treatment area and assists staff in scheduling treatments.
• Cleans and sterilizes designated equipment after use.
• Assists physicians with procedures (e.g. GI procedures, all medical exams).
• Assures completion of patient charges as per policy.
• Ensures chart is available, with relevant lab work and test reports if indicated, for the physician when the physician sees the patient.
• Assist with maintaining patient flow to and from exam rooms and treatment areas.
• Obtains vital signs, weights, and EKGs when needed, and all other tests within the scope of the practice. Assist with blood collection/phlebotomy as needed.
Onsite Project Coordinator, Gregor Industries
Jobsite responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Management of all Site Supervisors and Laborers, active in the management process as it pertains to onboarding and termination.
• Working with Director of Operations to schedule manpower.
• Supervision of the actual physical construction of all projects and overseeing all work in strict accordance with the contract documents.
• Verification of safety compliance with all trades and Gregor employees,
• Maintenance and planning of reports, workarounds, shutdowns, and tie-ins,
• Resolution of on-site disputes.
• Training and Enforcement of safety and quality control policies.