New York State is hiring to fill numerous temporary positions related to the Covid-19 vaccination campaign.
Jobs such as medical evaluators, inventory control, behavioral health counselors, plus licensed medical professionals are needed. Similar jobs are available at private companies on Long Island.
In addition, many other medical field jobs are open in the Huntington area.
Here are a few of the medical jobs available on Long Island.
Hiring temporary Registered Nurses to provide support and assist in our COVID Vaccine Centers. Varied shifts available
**Per Diem, needed to start IMMEDIATELY in Nassau and Suffolk Counties**
Ideal for either currently working RNs looking to pick up extra shifts or newly licensed Registered Nurses looking to gain experience.
- BE/BC Pediatrics
- Current, active New York State Medical License.
Covid-19 Vaccinations Nurse (Execu|Search Group)
The COVID Vaccinations Nurse (RN) will be responsible for administering vaccinations to patients of the facility.
- 1 year of Nursing experience
- Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- NYS Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Solid assessment, clinical, and documentation skills
- Patient oriented
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
Medication Administration: 4 years (Preferred)
Nursing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Assists with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) by serving meals and feeding patients as needed; offering fresh water and snacks; helping patients ambulate; and turning, positioning, and transferring patients.
- Takes care of patients’ personal hygiene by assisting with or giving bed baths, baths, or showers; toileting by offering bedpans and walking patients to the toilet; providing backrubs and skin care; and keeping patients clean at all times.
- Follows nurse instructions to perform procedures, including but not limited to administering enemas; applying non-sterile dressings, ice packs, and heat treatments; giving sitz or therapeutic baths; and applying restraints on the order of a physician.
- Responsible for performing medically prescribed nuclear medicine procedures; maintaining departmental standards in accordance with Policies and Procedures, and up-to-date knowledge on new techniques and procedures.
- Operates hospital and radiology information systems as they relate to nuclear medicine.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Home Helpers® Home Care provides one-on-one in-home care services to seniors and other individuals in need of continuing and recuperative home care.
Echocardiography Technologist, Huntington Hospital
Prepares patient for echocardiogram exam. Positions patient on examination table according to departmental standard operating procedures; explains procedures in layman’s terms to relieve patient of pre-testing anxiety. Obtains pertinent imaging and diagnostic reports required for correlation with echocardiogram exam being performed; consults with referring physician regarding patient history and to determine appropriate images required. Sets up equipment to administer exam in a timely fashion; uses settings on machines to assure accurate results. Performs echocardiography procedures, including transesophageal echocardiography.
o Actively look for ways to help people
o Notice and understand customers’ reactions, and respond appropriately
o Use and understand verbal and written communication to interact with customers and colleagues
o Ability to use math to solve a problem, such as calculating day’s supply of a prescription
• Able to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing there is a problem
Endoscopy/GI Lab Registered Travel Nurses provide care to patients undergoing procedures in an endoscopy/GI Lab.
• Active BLS from the American Heart Association
• Active professional license within the state of practice
• Specialty-related certifications are preferred and may be required for specific positions
• Experience as an Endoscopy/GI nurse
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as an RN