Several companies around Huntington are in hiring mode.
Here are a few this week.
John’s Crazy Socks will be recruiting at the Huntington Opportunity Resource Center on Thursday at 1 p.m. The company is seeking to fill 20 seasonal openings and two permanent positions. “We live in Huntington and our business was born in Huntington, so we want to make sure that residents of Huntington have every opportunity to join our team,” said co-founder Mark X. Cronin.
At the recruitment event, the co-founders of John’s Crazy Socks, John Cronin and his Dad, Mark, will present an overview of their business and their mission to spread happiness. They will review their seasonal and permanent opportunities, which include:
- Sock Wranglers – seasonal (pickers in a pick and pack warehouse)
- Happiness Packers – seasonal (packers in a pick and pack warehouse)
- Inventory Ninjas – seasonal
- Data Maven – permanent
- Sockateer – permanent
Full job descriptions can be found on the John’s Crazy Socks website. John’s Crazy Socks will conduct initial interviews onsite with follow up interviews taking place at the company’s office and warehouse in Melville.
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate
The assistant manager is responsible for driving successful sales and creating a Wow! Guest experience. It is a great opportunity to be a key player in store success. Working closely with the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for driving store sales growth, managing employees to ensure that they provide “Guest First” care to all customers, and achieve operational success.
Habitech Planning and Design
Interior Design Assistant
Habitech Planning & Design, Inc is looking for a bright, highly organized and creative Interior Design Assistant & Draftsperson. Candidate must have an undergraduate degree in interior design and be skilled in Auto Cad, Microsoft Office Suite, Sketch-up, and Quickbooks, excellent troubleshooting and communication skills; and the capability to work well in a small office, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Collaboratively implement communications strategies to promote our clients’ products
- Generate new business by prospecting customers and initiating contact
- Build relationships with consumers and retain current customer base
- Provide suggestions and assist in campaign development
- Professionally present products and build profit by effectively communicating value