With the economic impact of Covid-19 hitting Huntington area businesses, fewer positions are open. But there are still lots of possibilities across several categories of businesses. Here are a few we’ve found.
The Junior Accountant is responsible for:
- Manage the entire accounts payable process including month end accruals.
- Set up new vendors ensuring all required paperwork and approvals are provided
- Receive incoming vendor invoices and verify accuracy, obtain appropriate supporting documentation and approvals prior to processing for payment
- Prioritize invoices by payment terms or other factors such as vendor discount opportunities
- Research and respond to all vendor inquiries
- Assist in the management of the day-to-day operations of accounts receivable to ensure accurate and timely processing of collections
- Responsible for daily reconciliation of cash, checks and credit card transactions
- Prepare and analyze monthly bank reconciliation for multiple bank accounts.
- Assist with month-end close activities including but not limited to – posting of journal entries and reconciliation of assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Account Analysis – Make necessary adjustments and provide proper documentation to support balances.
- Ad hoc reporting as requested by management
- Assist CFO and Controller as needed for special projects.
Load products into vehicles and monitor shopping carts in parking lots.
- Taking photographs. Photos can include things like; all sides of the home, hazards, outbuildings, sheds, roofs, and more.
- Measuring the exterior of the home for square footage and translating this information into a diagram for our customers to see the layout of the home and the total square footage. You will also diagram living space, attached and unattached structures for each property. All diagramming is done in our mobile app.
- Using our mobile app to fill out forms for our clients. The forms are where you will go into detail about many different aspects of the home including construction information and materials used for the interior and exterior of the home, the foundation, hazards, and more. You will also be required to explain your findings.
- Correctly identifying the building grade and materials found in kitchens and bathrooms along with correctly identifying heating & cooling systems, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Scheduling and making appointments as well as Interviewing homeowners/policyholders regarding their property.
- Must be available to work 3 days a week for a full day (6-8 hours per shift) and some Saturdays
Customer Service and Engagement – Greets every customer in the store. Explains the DSW Rewards program and its benefits, Cashiering and Cash Handling, Merchandising .
- Master lead generation Build rapport with potential customers, Qualify prospective customers for residential solar solutions, Schedule in-home appointments with Sunrun Field Sales Consultants Our SSAs also have the opportunity to spend approximately 10% of their weekly hours on non-store activity such as; engaging with our customers via phone, attending trainings, or participating in team activities