Employers in Huntington are hiring. Here are just a few of the open jobs this week.
Hosts, Runners, Servers & Rockstar Bartenders
Outgoing, energetic and have excellent people skills
* Passionate about providing ALL people with the best experience possible
* Able to listen and communicate effectively with patrons & other restaurant team members
* Able to perform calmly and effectively under pressure
Newsday’s award-winning digital TV series, Feed Me TV, is seeking an on-camera host. Each 15-minute episode takes viewers inside Long Island’s food scene —trends, chefs and happening downtowns. We are looking for a journalist with personality – someone with a background in food/dining who can interview and describe what’s happening in a compelling manner with an ability to ad-lib on-camera.
- Present food and dining segments on air for the Long Island market in a way that connects with our audience and draws in new viewers.
- Collaborate with producers and other staffers to generate fresh show topics that are diverse and engaging.
- Scout, vet and prep locations ahead of shooting.
- Conduct on-air interviews with guests.
- Script and voice stand-ups and voiceovers for each episode.
- Engage with readers and viewers on the Long Island food scene via social media.
- Write stories for print and digital products that tie into episodes.
- Promote the show, and Newsday in community and company events
- You’re at least 21 years old
- You own an iPhone or Android smartphone
- You have a driver’s license and auto insurance
- You have a 4-door from 2004 or newer
- car year may vary by region
Burglar Alarm Service Technician
- Looking for Service person(s) for Burglar Alarm, Commercial Fire and Card Access & CCTV that lives in Nassau or Suffolk. This is a full time position that involves traveling in a company vehicle safely to our customer’s location and being able to efficiently and professionally diagnose, repair, or modify the security and other related low voltage systems.