First impression is everything when it comes to potential buyers seeing your home for the first time, whether it is virtually or in person. Even during these unprecedented times, people are buying, selling or both.
Home staging is more important then ever, with buyers previewing homes online first through listing photos and walk through videos. With low inventory and increased demand, you want to differentiate your home from the competition. Home Staging gets your home ready so buyers can picture themselves living there. It is also important for the photography of your home for listing photos, walk-through and drone videos that are important marketing tools. Here are some tips to get your home camera ready.
- Curb Appeal: The first impression home buyers see is the outside of your home in listing photos or drive-by. Some quick fixes are power washing, planting fresh potted plants and keeping walkways clear. This goes for the backyard too. Potential buyers are looking for a backyard oasis more than ever, so make it inviting.
- Declutter and Depersonalize: Potential buyers need to be able to envision themselves living there. Pack up unused books on bookshelves, knick knacks, and picture frames. In the Kitchen, keep the counters clear. In the bathroom, keep all personal products away and off the counters. If you have too much furniture in one room, consider rearranging it throughout the house.
- Organize: Potential homebuyers will open most closets. Ample storage is important so if you have closets that are overstuffed, pack away seasonal items you are not currently using. If you have clothing on shelves, fold them nicely. If you have a playroom, pack away some unused toys to maximize the space.
- Make use of the space you have: If you have a room that you have been using for storage, make it into a home gym or office. These are both desirable wish-list items for homebuyers.
- Neutral colors: If you have areas of your home that are dark, consider painting them a light, neutral color.
- Deep Clean: Make sure your home is clean for listing photos and for showings.
These simple Home Staging Tips can lead to a quicker sale and increased sale price. Your goal is to have potential homebuyers walk into your home and picture themselves living there. An experienced real estate agent is a great resource to help you with home staging and will work together with you to get your home to shine.
Lauryn Koke, Real Estate Salesperson
Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty
5 Main St, Cold Spring Harbor, NY
O . 631.692.6770 C. 631.905.2031