Online forums, a visit by Santa Claus, a scavenger hunt and more are happening this week around Huntington.
Starting Monday, masks will be required at indoor public places in New York State unless the venue has and enforces a Covid-19 vaccine requirement.
- The Huntington Town Board convenes at 2 p.m. for its last scheduled meeting of the year. Attend in person at Town Hall or view online.
- State Sen. James Gaughran, D-Northport, will host a virtual town hall discussion on environmental issues. How to participate.
- Huntington Republicans will be celebrating their big wins from November at 5:30 p.m. at the Larkfield in East Northport.
- Huntington Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals will join in a scavenge hunt starting at 5 p.m. Email [email protected] for details.
Acting Suffolk Police Commissioner Stuart Cameron will host a Zoom forum on public safety from 6 to 7:30 p.m. See flyer for Zoom details.
- The Centerport United Methodist Church will host a Hate Has No Home declaration at 11 a.m. Clergy, community organizations, community and governmental leaders and supporters will gather at the church, 97 Little Neck Road. The public is invited.
- Free flu shots will be available at the Station branch of the Huntington Public Library from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. They will be administered on a first come, first served flu shots for up to 50 people. Click for more info: https://myhpl.libnet.info/event/5945828
Santa Claus will be visiting the Lewis Oliver Farm in Northport. The free event will begin at 11 a.m. Santa will be on-site between 12-2 for visits and to hand out goodies. Live music. Vintage and all-new holiday ornaments will be available for sale, along with new items in the farm’s country store. Hot cocoa, eggnog, and spiced apple cider will be available to purchase, along with sweet and salty treats.