The Huntington Public Library will switch to curbside-only service Monday because of concerns about Covid-19.
Both the Main Street main building and the Huntington Station branch will make the change.
“We are doing this in the hopes that it will prevent us from closing altogether if things get much worse. I’m not sure how long this will be, but we’ll continue to monitor all the numbers and act accordingly,” Library Director Joann Adam said.
“We have been closely monitoring all developments pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to increasing number of cases in the area along with several staff members testing positive, out of an abundance of caution, and in order to protect the health and well-being of our patrons and staff, Administration and the Board of Trustees have determined it necessary to offer Curbside Service only effective Monday, for the foreseeable future,” the library said.
- For Curbside Service
- To make an appointment call 631-427-5165 (Main) or 631-421-5053 (Station) – press ‘0’ for immediate assistance
- Park on Prospect Street by our back driveway
- Staff will bring your materials out to you
- This includes Craft Kits, Museum Passes, Wi-Fi Hotspots, as well as books/movies.
- Services Available by Appointment
- Fax, photocopy, print, or computer use up to 30 minutes
- Call 631-427-5165 (Main) or 631-421-5053 (Station)
- Staff will let a limited amount of people into the library at a time to use these quick and important services.
- Materials by Mail
- Have your materials mailed to you
- Call Thérèse Purcell Nielsen at 631-427-5165 ext. 250 or email: [email protected]
- Library email: [email protected]
- Wi-Fi network: hplwlan-g-mode (Main) hplsbwlan (Station)
- Wi-Fi password: hpllibrary
- Library website: myhpl.org