The Town of Huntington is opening the Sgt. Paul Tuozzolo Memorial Spray Park at Elwood Park for limited days and hours starting Saturday to residents who must reserve a time slot and wear a mask for entry.
The park will be open seven days to Town of Huntington residents* under 13 years of age by reservation only, to 50 people maximum at any given time. Masks are required for entry for visitors over the age of two (2) and anywhere in the park not on the spray pad.
Reservations are now open at www.tohparks.net.
*Only Town residents (and members of the Half Hollow Hills, Commack and Cold Spring Harbor School Districts, which are partially located within the Town) may register for a time slot at the spray park. A driver’s license ID or other form of identification will be required as proof of residency to enter the spray park.
Spray park hours are as follows by appointment only:
- 1:00pm – 7:30pm (through August 14)
- 12:00pm – 7:45pm (starting August 17) WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS
- 12:00pm – 7:45pm HOURS FOR KIDS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Children (under 13 years of age) with special needs have a choice between:
- Reserving a time slot during the public hours
- Visiting during an hour exclusively reserved for their use with no reservation required, on Thursdays 11 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.Water-use wheelchairs, thoroughly sanitized between each use, are available for use by children with special physical needs upon request.
Spray park visitors must reserve a session using the Town’s Parks & Recreation Rectrac online scheduling program. Go to https://www.tohparks.net, go to the SPRAY PARK tab at the top and select a date from the reservation calendar. Phone assistance will be available by calling Parks and Recreation staff at (631) 351-3089. Recreation I.D. Cards are not required, as they have not been for sale this season.
“With the success of the phased reopening of our beaches and the Dix Hills Pool, we are ready to open the Sgt. Paul Tuozzolo Memorial Spray Park at Elwood Park with similar safety precautions,” said Supervisor Chad A. Lupinacci. “The spray park will be open, as usual, to Town of Huntington residents under 13 years of age and we will also have special accommodations for kids with special needs.”