The Preserve at Indian Hills is up for conditional final approval Wednesday at the Huntington Planning Board.
The controversial development of 55 and-over townhouses in Fort Salonga has been challenged by neighbors, especially the Fort Salonga Property Owners Association, who objected how the Zoning Board approved the plan, and to the density planned by the Northwind Group along the Indian Hills golf course in Fort Salonga.
Prices start at $1.4 million; the Northwind website says of the project, “Let Gatsby Have His Version Of The Gold Coast. At The Preserve At Indian Hills, You’ll Have Yours.”
The Planning Board meets at 6 p.m. at Town Hall. Meetings can be viewed in person or livestreamed from the town website.
.1. Subdivision #1 The Preserve at Indian Hills Item 1 Resolution – Conditional Final Approval
2. Public Hearing #1 The Estates at Melville- Preliminary Public Hearing
3. Site Plan #1 1090 NY Ave The Landmark (#S-19-117-F) Item 1 Resolution – Conditional Approval
4. Subdivision #2 98 Cuba Hill Plat Item 1 Project Introduction
5. Miscellaneous A: ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS 1) ZBA 23069 Luis Hilario. 1541 New Realty Corp. Discussion – Planning Board Recommendation to Zoning Board 2) ZBA 23074 Scott Suprina. Suprina Holdings LLC Discussion – Planning Board Recommendation to Zoning Board 3) ZBA 23075 John Kaufman MMC Jericho LLC Discussion – Planning Board Recommendation to Zoning Board
6. CURRENT COMMUNICATIONS Communication #1 Letter from Scott Spittal, Transportation & Traffic Safety Director regarding Dunlop Road Plat. Communication #2 Letter from Christen Kuhn regarding the Preserve at Indian Hills. Communication #3 Letter from John Hayes regarding Karl Huth’s letter – The Preserve at Indian Hills. Communication #4 Letter from Karl Huth regarding the Preserve at Indian Hills.The-Preserve-At-Indian-Hills-Brochure