A variety of education-related jobs, including bus drivers, monitors, teachers and others, are in demand as Huntington area employees look to fill positions. Here are a few of the openings.
Drivers, Monitors, South Huntington School District
Bus drivers and school bus monitors are needed to fill immediate openings. Call 631 812-3088 for more information.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
- Active Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential (or willing to obtain)
- Completed 12 core ECE Units Infant/toddler OR BA Degree in Child Development
- Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors
- Ability to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children
- Read, write, understand, and speak English to communicate with children and their parents in English
- All center staff applicants must meet state specific guidelines for the role
Teachers, Plainview-Old Bethpage School District
The district is looking for teachers to fill anticipated openings in fall, including math, music, art, physical education. Deadline is Feb. 17. See flyer below.
Crossing Guards, Suffolk County Police Department
The Suffolk County Police Department is hiring crossing guards. A new agreement between Suffolk County and the Suffolk Association of Municipal Employees will increase the salary from $15 to $18 an hour. Eligible candidates may apply through their local precinct. Both permanent and substitute positions are available. Permanent positions offer part-time hours and receive the same medical, vision and dental benefits as full-time Suffolk County civilian employees. All crossing guards receive a one-day training and have a flexible schedule. For more information visit suffolkpd.org
Suffolk County Career Expo