Host, Northport Hotel
- Greet guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas
- Provide guests with menus
- Assign patrons to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings
- Inform guests of current promotions and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff
- Manage the flow of guests into the dining and bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming guests if appropriate
- Operate cash registers to accept payments for food and beverages
Digital Ad Sales, HuntingtonNow
HuntingtonNow.com is looking for a parttime digital sales representative familiar with and able to build relationships with Huntingon businesses to support this digital news site.
Mechanical Assembly Technician II, Mitshubishi Electric
- Perform any of the Technician I duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Perform electro-mechanical assembly of Transportation products according to drawings, bills of materials, procedures, check-sheets, and other work instructions.
- Perform complex wiring, routing and connections on Transportation products according to drawings and Company specifications.
- Assist Senior Technicians with high-voltage insulation testing.
- Use various hand and power tools correctly and safely to assemble sub-assemblies and products.
- Conduct rework / repair of non-conforming product as instructed.
- Read and understand technical drawings, mechanical blueprints, electrical schematics, and bills of materials.
Restaurant General Manager, Taco Bell
Identify and train crews, grow sales and maintain standards.
Home Health Aide, Alvita
Alvita Care is looking for in-home aides to provide patients with Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care, Palliative & Hospice Care, and Geriatric Care Management.
- Must have valid HHA / CNA certificate
- Covid vaccine or exemption form
- Must have updated medicals/vaccinations or be willing to obtain
- Completed drug screen or completed Habituation Form
Substitute Teacher Aides, Lunch Monitors, Northport Schools
The Northport school district is looking to hire substitute teacher aides and lunch monitors at various schools.
Assistant LI Editor, Newsday Hub
The Assistant LI editor – Hub will work to produce strong breaking news and enterprise coverage across Newsday’s digital and print platforms. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills to work with general assignment, towns and beat reporters while coordinating with departments across the newsroom, including the digital, social media, photo/video, design and copy desk teams.
This editor will be adept at spotting news, arranging coverage and getting a story posted quickly and accurately, then responsibly updating as needed to give readers what they need to know in the moment.
Will help build diverse audiences, monitor metrics and use the data to inform coverage that serves our loyal subscribers and attracts new subscribers.
Will be adept at shaping story ideas with creative front-end editing, embracing alternative story-telling methods including video and social media.