John’s Crazy Socks celebrated its second anniversary this weekend with a party and a pledge to donate $1 for every order placed during the two-day sale at its warehouse in Melville.
The company was founded by John Cronin, who has Down syndrome, and his father, Mark X. Cronin.
- In their second year, they will earn $5 million in revenue.
- Because John and Mark took a start-up and now ship across the country and to over 80 different countries.
- Because their effort to show what’s possible has taken John and Mark on speaking engagements across the country and into Canada and Mexico.
- Because the U.S. State Department has invited John and Mark to join the State Department Speaker’s Bureau to represent the U.S. overseas.
- Because in advocating for people with differing abilities, John and Mark have testified before Congress twice this year.
- Because they have given over 100 school tours this year.