Huntington Launchpad is hosting Ideas Impacting Culture for entrepreneurs who want to pitch their ideas Thursday at its Main Street headquarters.
The event produced in conjunction with Minority Millennials.
Five early stage entrepreneurs will make pitches to a panel of judges:
- Anthony Frasier, Founder of (ABF Creative)
- Derek Peterson, Founder of (Soter Technologies)
- Marcus Damas, Founder of (Fueled By Culture)
- Dr. Daphne M. Gordon, Project Administrator Entrepreneurial Assistance Center at Suffolk County Community College
- Marsha Guerrier. Founder (Women on the Rise NY)
- The night will offer participants the chance to receive feedback from experienced entrepreneurs, get a better understanding of the value of ideas, develop your proof of concept and enjoy a comfortable thinking space.
“By 2050, nearly two in three residents of Long Island will be people of color. This increasing diversity is a tremendous asset for the region, but not all people are able to access the resources and opportunities they need to thrive,” says Theresa Sanders, President & CEO of Urban League of Long Island.
To bridge this gap, Minority Millennials Inc. has teamed up with Launchpad Huntington and the Workforce Development Institute to co-host LI’s first minority focused “Shark Tank” style pitch night. The evening will focus on connecting minority entrepreneurs with assets and resources.
Pitch night runs from 6:30 to 9 p.m. at Launchpad, 31 Main St., Huntington.