- Worcester Polytechnic Institute has announced that Alexander Clopper of Huntington Station, a member of the class of 2021 majoring in mathematical sciences, was named to the university’s Dean’s List for academic excellence for the spring 2018 semester.
- Bucknell University has released the dean‘s list for outstanding academic achievement during the spring semester of the 2017-18 academic year. A student must earn a grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a scale of 4.0 to receive dean‘s list recognition. Stefanie Alpert, Class of 2018 from Huntington; Olivia Amoruso, Class of 2020 from Huntington; Charles Beers, Class of 2019 from Huntington; Nicole Feledy, Class of 2021 from Dix Hills; Scott Gulizio, Class of 2019 from Huntington; Kevin Gulizio, Class of 2021 from Huntington; Alexandra Koumas, Class of 2020 from Huntington; Gianna Mincone, Class of 2020 from Huntington Station; Nick Stamatos, Class of 2018 from Cold Spring Harbor.
- Nazareth College named Rose Pedretti of Huntington Station to the dean‘s list for the Spring 2018 semester. Pedretti is majoring in biochemistry. A student’s grade point average must be at least 3.5 or above, and they must complete 12 credit hours of graded work that semester in order to be included on the dean‘s list at Nazareth.
- Sydney Kahn of Melville, a sophomore Early Elementary/Special Education major at York College of Pennsylvania, has been named to the Dean‘s List for the Spring 2018 semester. To be eligible for this honor, a student must be registered for at least 12 academic credit hours and earn a semester GPA of 3.50 or higher.
- Sean Paton of Huntington earned dean’s list honors for the Spring 2018 semester at Mount St. Mary’s University, a private, liberal arts, Catholic university in the Catoctin Mountains near historic Emmitsburg, Md.
- Belmont University in Nashville, Tenn., has named the following local students to the spring Dean’s List:
Jenna Corradeno of Commack
Kelsey De Rosa of Melville
Approximately 30 percent of Belmont’s 8,080 students qualified for the Spring 2018 Dean‘s List.