Eight high school seniors have been named recipients of Otto Kahn Awards and will be honored June 14 at Oheka Castle gala.
The winners announced by Friends of Oheka are:
- Huntington High School: Victoria Befumo and Katerina Damiano
- Walt Whitman High School: Fern Brazeau and Andrew Noonan
- Cold Spring Harbor High School: Anabelle Bryant
- Harborfields High School: Christopher Hummel
- Half Hollow Hills East High School: Jacob Leshnower, Mark Shapiro
They will each receive $3,000 for college. The recipients will perform or have their work displayed at the gala..
The organization also said that Town Councilman Eugene Cook will be this year’s humanitarian nominee. Tickets to this summer classic are available online at: www.FriendsofOheka.org Ticket price includes hors d’oeuvres, buffet dinner, wine, dessert and entertainment. Raffle baskets will be available, and the traditional Gatsby-style attire will be welcome again.
The scholarships are named in honor of financier Otto Herman Kahn, who built Oheka Castle and was a patron of the arts.