The Huntington Town Board took the following actions last week.
- Designated Aug. 1 as Cornelia Prime Day and renamed View Acre Drive as View Acre Drive/Cornelia Prime Way, after philanthropist Cornelia Prime, whose most notable gift to the Huntington community was the donation of land, the original building and an endowment for Huntington Hospital.
- Adopted a Code of Conduct for all Town of Huntington employees and interns as part of the Town’s Policy and Procedure Manual, creating new policy prohibiting offensive behavior, bullying, cyberbullying, and hazing; setting forth the rights and responsibilities of Town employees and interns; and establishing a procedure for reporting and investigating allegations of such behavior not governed by the Town’s discrimination and sexual harassment policy.
- Authorized the comptroller to appropriate up to $250,000 from the EOSPA Neighborhood Enhancement Fund for streetscape enhancements to enhance pedestrian safety and alleviate traffic flow, including curbs, sidewalks, ADA-compliant ramps, catch basins and aprons, on both sides of West Hills Road, between West 19th Street and West 22nd Street, in Huntington Station.
- Authorized the comptroller to appropriate up to $20,000 from the EOSPA Neighborhood Enhancement Fund for a right-of-way survey for streetscape enhancements, including curbs and sidewalks, on the east side of Depot Road, between Vondran Street and Brompton Place, in Huntington Station.
- Approved the acceptance of payment from Suffolk County Water Authority in the amount of $135,466.68 for the restoration and repaving of Old Northport Road and Woodruff Court, where the utility had been performing a main replacement and reinforcement project.
- Accepted a donation from Hummel Hummel and 7-Eleven for the Town of Huntington’s Annual Anne Frank Memorial Ceremony.
- Accepted donations from Copenhagen Bakery and La Casa Cafe for the Town of Huntington’s “Keep Huntington Beautiful” Beach Clean Up Program.
- Appointed Scott Van Son as a member of the advisory committee established by the Community Benefits Agreement to fill a vacancy upon a prior member’s recent resignation.