Newsday is describing Suffolk County 11 hospitals as “battlefronts” in the fight against the Covid-19 epidemic.
- Northwell Health is running a Covid-19 emergency campaign. The organization said the fund was started to provide “essential support and resources for employees fighting the epidemic.
- A spokeswoman for Huntington Hospital, asked about multiple reports that at least 89 nurses there had been diagnosed with the virus, said, “That number is not correct. Northwell Health, which has 72,000 employees, had about 1,000 people contract COVID-19, and about 80 percent of those people have resolved.”
- If you have personal protective equipment to donate or to sell, let Suffolk County know.
- For those who like to poke around in data, a great deal of information on cases in New York State is available here.
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island offers tips on talking to children about the epidemic.