More than 1,000 Huntington customers lost power in Wednesday night’s storm that battered Long Island.
PSEG-LI reported outages from Lloyd Harbor and Eatons Neck to Dix Hills. Some Eatons Neck residents were reporting outages occurring Thursday morning, as fierce winds are expected to continue throughout the day. The utility also said:
- As of 11 a.m., the utility said it had restored 82% of customers affected by the storm.
- 90% of the outages reported between noon and 11:59 p.m. yesterday have been restored.
- 72% of the outages reported between midnight and 11 a.m. today have been restored.
- The majority of outages will be restored by midnight Thursday, with the remaining customers restored by midnight tomorrow.
- Additional outages reported due to the high winds today.
The Huntington Highway Department said that had received reports of 40 trees downed by the storm and had crews out removing them and other debris.