Gov. Kathy Hochul said Monday that 10 new testing sites will be opening on State University of New York campuses across the state and at Syracuse University this week. More campus sites will open in the coming weeks as the Covid-19 project expands.
“We are getting creative in our approach to make testing easier for New Yorkers,” Hochul said. “With testing now available at SUNY campuses and Syracuse University, we are expanding access across the state to make sure that we limit the spread of COVID-19. Get tested, wear a mask, and get your vaccine, second dose, and booster to keep yourself and your community safe as we get through this winter surge.”
In addition to the SUNY testing sites, Syracuse University will also open a testing site at the Carrier Dome. This site will open Tuesday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. At this site, 4,000 tests will be conducted a day and the National Guard will be assisting with staffing.
Exact locations and hours of operation will be announced as the program develops. SUNY testing sites to open later this week include:
- SUNY Stony Brook Community Testing Site
- Binghamton University Community Testing Site
- SUNY Plattsburgh Community Testing Site
- SUNY Cortland Community Testing Site
- University of Buffalo Community Testing Site
- Buffalo State College Community Testing Site
- SUNY Oswego Community Testing Site
- SUNY Oneonta Community Testing Site
- SUNY Albany Community Testing Site
- SUNY Purchase Community Testing Site