Earth-Day events, blood drives, library activities, and pizza-making with the cops are some of the many activities this week around Huntington.
- Clear some of the shelves in your pantry and donate some nonperishables to Helping Hand Rescue Mission, 225 Broadway, Huntington Stations. Donations are accepted from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- File your taxes by 11:59 p.m. to meet the IRS deadline.
- Maggie’s Mission Blood Drive will run from 1 to 7 p.m. at the Greenlawn Fire Department.
- A panel will discuss gun safety at the South Huntington Public Library, starting at 7 p.m.
Celebrate Earth Day with the Whaling Museum. Drop by and create some fun, ocean-friendly crafts using recycled materials and your imagination. Admission + $6 Adults, $5 Kids/Seniors, members free.
- Open mic at Half Hollow Hills Community Library, presented by Toby Tobias. Register at hhhlibrary.org to receive Zoom information.
- Blood drive at the American Legion, 1 Mill Dam Road, Halesite, 3:30pm-8:00pm. To make an appointment, contact: Ryen Hendricks at [email protected] or register online at: https://donate.nybc.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/292863
- The Huntington Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 6 pm. at Town Hall. See the agenda.
- Join 2nd Precinct Officers for pizza and stories with a cop at the California Pizza Kitchen at the Walt Whitman Shops. Start: 10:30 a.m. Register by email [email protected]
- The Halesite Fire Department will host a blood drive at the Halesite Fire House in the large meeting room upstairs at 1 N. New York Avenue, Halesite, 3:30pm-8:00pm. All donors are asked to park in the municipal parking lot behind the fire department building. To make an appointment, register online at: https://donate.nybc.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/299416
The Town of Huntington hosts its Huntington Family Earth Day at Manor Farm from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with demonstrations on composting, bee-keeping and water chemistry; a shed-the-med collection of unwanted drugs, shredding of paper products, face painting, arts and crafts, information on planting a garden and more.