The Town Board honored several organizations that led fundraising efforts to assist Coast Guard members who were working unpaid during the federal government shutdown.
Greater Huntington Council of Yacht and Boating Clubs and others for their fundraising to assist Coast Guard members who were working unpaid during the federal government shutdown.
“Being a boating community, Huntington has a special relationship with the Coast Guard. We know how hard Coast Guards men and women work to keep our waters safe,” Councilwoman Joan Cergol said.
Proclamations signed by the Town Board were prepared for 19 groups, not all of whom could attend the board meeting. The 19 groups were:
- The Britannia Yachting Center.
- Chick-fil-A in Commack.
- First Command Financial Services.
- The First Presbyterian Church of Northport.
- The Great Cow Harbor 10K Run.
- The Greater Huntington Council of Yacht and Boating Clubs. Also part of this effort were the Centerport, Northport, Ketewomoke, and Black Rock Yacht Clubs, the Harbor Boating Club and the Huntington Lighthouse Preservation Society.
- The Masonic Lodge of Huntington.
- The Northport Fire Department.
- Northport High School’s Project VETS and Students for 60,000.
- The Northport/East Northport Kiwanis Club.
- The Northport Rotary Club.
- Seymour’s Boatyard.