Service on the Long Island Rail Road will be suspended Saturday will be suspended between New Hyde Park and Hicksville because of switch installation work. The LIRR recommends travelers avoid the Ronkonkoma, Huntington/Port Jefferson & Oyster Bay Branches on Saturday.
Instead, use the Hempstead Branch, where service is being increased to every 30 minutes on Saturday or the Babylon, Montauk or Port Washington branches. Special timetables will be in effect for ALL branches. For details, see link below:
View Online: https://mymtaalerts.com/m?CED0
In addition, the resumption of Amtrak repairs at Penn Station as of Monday will force service changes during weekday rush hours.
. Some peak trains will be canceled/combined or diverted and other trains will depart earlier than usual. Customers should consider:
– Riding at the start or end of peak hours;
– Avoiding Penn by traveling to/from Atlantic Terminal;
– If traveling for leisure, avoid rush hour.
- The 5:06 PM express from Penn Station, stopping at Syosset, Cold Spring Harbor and Huntington, will be canceled and combined with the 5:17 PM train from Penn Station, which runs express to Westbury, then stops at Hicksville, Syosset, Cold Spring Harbor and Huntington.
- The 5:33 PM train from Penn Station to Hicksville will be extended, with added stops at Syosset (6:41 PM) and Cold Spring Harbor (6:46 PM).
For more information on how this may affect your commute, click on link below.
View Online: https://mymtaalerts.com/m?CED1