6:30 p.m. 2nd update These are the closings or suspension of services in Huntington caused by the snowstorm. Please let us know if there are others not listed here. List will update.
- The Town of Huntington canceled trash pickup scheduled for Monday. Visit HuntingtonNY.gov/trash or call (631) 351-3186 to hear a recorded message on the status of commercial refuse collection once a determination is made.
- The town senior center will be closed and senior meal pickup and delivery is cancedl for Monday and Tuesday. Call 631-351-3304 for questions.
- HART bus service will make a determination on affect bus routes by 6 AM. Please avoid non-essential travel.
- Dix Hills Ice Rink will be closed Monday and will re-open Tuesday at 12 noon. All athletic fields and golf courses are closed until further notice.
- Vaccinations for the Covid-19 virus are postponed at SUNY Stony Brook, Jones Beach, Aqueduct Racetrack, the Javits Center and Westchester County Center.
South Huntington school district Dr. David Bennardo, district superintendent, said the district would have “a traditional old-school style snow day” Monday. Tuesday is an open question. Listen to audio below.
DDI: Remote learning for Early Childhood Services classes, All Children’s Day Program classes. All Adult Day Hab onsite services will be suspended. Virtual Instruction will continue as scheduled.
Half Hollow Hills. Traditional snow day. No classes.All after-school activities and REACH CYA Programs are canceled.
Elwood. Snow day.
Commack. Al Commack schools and offices will be virtual (online) Monday.
Huntington: All classes are fully remote.
Harborfields. Schools will be closed and all school activities are canceled for Monday. This closing will be treated as a traditional “snow day” with no remote instruction.
Northport. All classes and activities are cancelled. Kindergarten registration will be rescheduled.
Cold Spring Harbor. All schools are closed. There will not be remote learning. All before and after-school activities and evening meetings are also canceled. Covid testing scheduled for Monday has been rescheduled for Friday 2,5,2021.
The Long Island Rail Road will operate on a weekend schedule Monday and Tuesday.