Setauket-East Seta 5.0 in 1100 PM 12/16 NWS Employee Saint James 5.0 in 1050 PM 12/16 Trained Spotter 1 S Deer Park 4.5 in 1100 PM 12/16 Public Smithtown 4.3 in 0930 PM 12/16 Trained Spotter Saint James 3.8 in 0850 PM 12/16 Trained Spotter Riverhead 3.8 in 1014 PM 12/16 NWS Employee Lindenhurst 3.5 in 0930 PM 12/16 Public Sound Beach 3.5 in 0915 PM 12/16 Public East Islip 2.9 in 0930 PM 12/16 Trained Spotter Babylon 2.1 in 0730 PM 12/16 Broadcast Media Hampton Bays 2.0 in 0743 PM 12/16 Public Upton 1.7 in 0700 PM 12/16 NWS Office Islip Airport 1.3 in 0700 PM 12/16 Official NWS Obs
All of these changes to Town of Huntington services will be posted at huntingtonny.gov where updates will be posted as conditions change and determinations are made:
1: a.m. As of this moment, we plan to have Town Hall open by appointment on Thursday.
- In-person tax payment collection at Town Hall is cancelled for Thursday. We are urging people to pay taxes by mail and alternate methods to avoid the cold outdoor wait on other days, as we can only allow 3 people indoors at a time for tax payments.
- Our new Town Court, the Bureau of Administrative Adjudication, has postponed all appearances for Thursday, if you had an appearance scheduled you will be notified of a new appearance date.
Environmental Waste Management:
- Refuse will be assisting Highway with plowing
- Recycling Center: Hope to open by noon Thursday
- Trash pickup: Thursday residential trash pickup is cancelled.
- Yardwaste: Should be pulled off the streets and onto your property line so that the snow plows can get through.
General Services will be keeping the railroad lots and municipal lots cleared and they are providing Highway with every piece of equipment they can spare — plows, sanders, payloaders, and more.
HART bus will assess conditions early Thursday, around 5/6AM, to make a determination on whether services will remain up and running Thursday
From Maritime Services and our Harbormaster’s office:
- This week is always the highest tide cycle.
- Wind gusts of 35-45mph may cause some flooding on the causeways in Lloyd Harbor and Asharoken making them impassable at high tide, which is around midnight. We will be staying in touch with the Villages.
- Bay constables will be monitoring marinas and winter storage boats.
Regarding our Parks Department, all fields, skate parks, golf courses will be closed. Dix Hills Ice Rink will close at 8pm Wednesday and they plan to open at 1pm Thursday but will make a determination early tomorrow on that.
For our Senior residents, if the Senior Center is closed to staff Thursday but you need to get in touch with them, please call 631-351-3304 to leave a message and staff will get back to you.
Youth Bureau programs will switch to virtual programming; the Drug and Alcohol Counseling Program will continue to provide teletherapy.