Two beaches in Centerport are among eight in Suffolk County that have been closed because of the finding of bacteria at levels in excess of acceptable criteria.
- Knollwood Beach Association Beach – Centerport
- Huntington Beach Community Association Beach – Centerport
Also closed by Suffolk County were:
- Sound Beach POA East – Sound Beach
- Sound Beach POA West – Sound Beach
- Tides Beach POA – Rocky Point
- Beech Road Beach – Rocky Point
- Broadway Beach – Rocky Point
- Friendship Drive Beach – Rocky Point
For the latest information on affected beaches, call the Bathing Beach HOTLINE at 631-852-5822 or contact the Department’s Office of Ecology at 631-852-5760 during normal business hours.
Program information –
Interactive map of beach closures/advisories- https://ny.healthinspections.us/ny_beaches/