A panel of experts in dealing with the consequences of drug use will lead a forum Tuesday at Huntington Town Hall.
The theme is, “The New York State Legalization of Marijuana: How would it affect us in the Town of Huntington? How can we best be prepared?”
While the State Legislature has been debating legalizing recreational marijuana and changing some penalties, it is not clear that it will pass any changes in the law.
Panelists scheduled for the forum, sponsored by Councilman Mark Cuthbertson, are:
- Dr. Jeffrey L. Reynolds, Ph.D., CEAP, SAP – President/Chief Executive Officer Family and Children’s Services
- Mary Silberstein, LCSW-R, CASAC(g), CADC Division Director, Integrated Care and Behavioral Health Treatment Services CN Guidance
- Barry Zaks LMSW, Project Director at Huntington Drug & Alcohol Counseling Center
- John A. Corlett, Legislative Committee Chairman AAA New York State
- Anthony Ferrandino, Drug & Alcohol Student Assistance Counselor
- Richard Rosenthal, MD, Director of Substance Abuse, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Stony Brook
- Representative from Second Precinct
The forum is scheduled for 7 p.m. at Huntington Town Hall.