The Huntington Town Board took the following actions at its meeting last week.
- Appointed Laurie E Finger as director of purchasing for the town of Huntington.
- Appointed MUNISTAT Services Inc of Port Jefferson as fiscal advisers for bonding issues and appointed Harter Seacrest and Emery LLP of New York, Hawkins Delafield and Wood of New York and Harris Beach PLC of Uniondale as bond counsel for bonding issues
- Authorized Town Supervisor Ed Smyth to execute an agreement with Industrial and Utility Valuation Consultants of Latham for review, analysis and defense of the 2024 equalization and residential assessment rates for Huntington and the special segmentation rate for the Cold Spring Harbor school district, to a maximum of $7,000.
- Authorized Smyth to execute a contract with Nawrocki Smith to perform auditing and accounting services for the town for up to $24,999.
- Eliminated the position of auditor after appointing Laura Carey as comptroller.
- Added, adjusted or abolished several positions:
- Approved the disposal of several obsolete or surplus pieces of equipment: