While the job market continues to be difficult in Huntington and elsewhere, some employers are in the market to fill positions. Here are a few medical jobs that are open.
Looking for personnel to add to our team who can conduct nasal swab tests to check for COVID-19. Healthcare experience a plus.
Performs diversified office-clerical duties including, but not limited to scheduling appointments; facilitating communications; preparing consultation charts; taking and prioritizing telephone calls; maintaining and documenting incoming reports, filing, receptionist duties, and light typing/data entry.
Pharmacy Technician to support all functions of the Genoa mental health pharmacy, primarily through dispensing medical prescriptions, and performing necessary clerical duties while under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist. The pharmacy is located within the Well Life Network at 55 Horizon Drive Suite P, Huntington, NY 11743. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm
Prepares exam rooms for use following ProHEALTH‘s protocol including: disinfecting, stocking all rooms, checking vaccinations and medications available for the day. • Responsible for Practice Health & Safety Assessment tasks such as log keeping, sample medication cabinet, etc. • Cleans, sets up, and prepares equipment/ supplies for use. • Checks equipment to assure accuracy. • Provides pre-visit planning. • Stores all supplies and specimens properly as per guidelines.
- Determines normal and abnormal components of body fluids by conducting chemical analyses of blood, urine, spinal fluids, and gastric juices.
- Analyzes blood cells by counting and identifying cells, using microscopic techniques and procedures.
- Prepares blood, plasma, and platelets for transfusions by conducting blood group, type, and compatibility tests.
- Ensures operation of analyzers, spectrophotometers, colorimeters, flame photometers, and other laboratory equipment by calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides medical technology information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares reports of technological findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
Under general supervision of Laboratory management and technologists, performs venipuncture/finger sticks on patients to acquire specimens for laboratory processing/diagnostic testing in all sections in accordance with section policies and procedures to aid in treatment of disease.
Mix of cases, robotic surgery, ortho, plastics, bread & butter, OB, Gyn, peds etc, no hearts or major vascular.