The Huntington Town Board took several actions at its April 10 meeting, including the following:
- Partnered with Huntington Hospital to train Town employees, including summer seasonal employees, to perform CPR and on how to use AED devices.
- Authorized Supervisor to apply for and receive grant funding under the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Port Security Grant Program for the purchase of a first responder boat to replace a 22-year-old boat nearing the end of its useful life.
- Appointed Assistant Town Attorney Brooke Lupinacci as Title VI Civil Rights Coordinator and Federal Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator.
- Approved a zone change for a property owned by Klis Brothers Realty, LLC, located on the south side of Jericho Tpke., approximately 2,598 feet west of Larkfield Road, currently zoned C-6 General Business District and R-10 Residence District to C-6 General Business District, requiring the property owner to maintain a 50 foot buffer at the rear of the property to effectively eliminate any potential environmental impact.
- Executing an agreement with the Village of Northport to furnish Fire Protection Services for the Town of Huntington Fire Protection District No. 1.
- Granting a special use permit and execution of a license agreement for the construction of a residential fixed pier and floating dock assembly at 23 Bluff Point Road, Northport.
- Scheduled a public hearing for June 19 at 7 p.m. to consider a zone change from R-40 Residence District to R-3M Garden Apartment Special District for the property located on the west side of Republic Road, north of Smith Street, Melville, known as Melville Crossing.