The Huntington Town Board recently approved the following sports, recreational events and contracts:
- An agreement with the Suffolk County Police Athletic League, Inc. to provide a soccer program at the Town of Huntington Manor Field Park from April 10-June 28. Sponsored by Town Supervisor Ed Smyth.
- The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association Legends for youth baseball clinic on April 29 at Greenlawn Park. Sponsored by Sal Ferro.
- An agreement with Camp W Inc. to provide swimming lessons to campers at the Dix Hills Park pool.
- An agreement with the New York Rangers to rent ice time at the Clark Gillies Arena at Dix Hills Park Ice Rink to conduct a hockey camp.
- An agreement with the Huntington YMCA for the use of the Dix Hills Park Pool.
- Authorized children of Gateway Gardens to use the Dix Hills Park pool upon payment of a flat fee for the summer.
- Authorized the child participants of Tri Community and Youth Agency to use the Dix Hills Park Pool upon payment of a flat fee for the summer.
- Authorized the children of Whitman Village Housing Development Fund Corporation to use the Dix Hills Park Pool upon payment of a flat fee for th-e summer.
Had a public hearing on authorizing licensing agreements with several sports-related organizations for the use of town facilities, including: Commack North Little League, Inc.-Cedar Road Park; Huntington Tri- Village Little League, Inc.-Greenlawn Park; Commack South Little League, Inc. – Commack Park; Huntington Sports League, Inc.-Mill Dam Park; Larkfield Little League, Inc.-John Walsh Park; Half Hollow Hills Little League, Inc.-Ostego Park; Huntington Youth Football League, Inc.- Manor Park; HBC (Huntington Boys Club Soccer)-Half Hollow Park; Cold Spring Harbor Huntington Soccer Club, Inc.-Breezy Park; Northport Youth Football Club, Inc.-Veterans Park.