Service will be interrupted Saturday on the Long Island Rail Road in Westbury, Carle Place and New Hyde Park.
The railroad will divert service from the Main Line to the South Shore.
The Long Island Rail Road recommended avoiding trains on the Port Jefferson, Ronkonkoma and Oyster Bay lines.
The changes expected Saturday and Feb. 8 include:
- Port Jefferson-Huntington: Two-hour service intervals
- Huntington-Hicksville: Hourly service intervals, with trains rerouted to/from the south shore via the Babylon & Central Branches.
- New Hyde Park, Merillon Avenue, Carle Place, Westbury Stations: No train service. Use Hempstead Branch instead.
- Westbound: Trains will operate from Port Jefferson and Huntington to Hicksville. Connect to a shuttle train to Babylon, then transfer to an express train to Penn Station. Express trains will stop at Jamaica for connections to Brooklyn and points west.
- Eastbound: Board a train to Babylon, transfer to a shuttle train to Hicksville, and transfer again for train service to points east, including Huntington and Port Jefferson.
- Bethpage Station: All service to and from Bethpage Station will be provided by the shuttle trains between Babylon and Hicksville. The shuttle will be a diesel-powered train with bi-level cars. Electric trains will not stop at Bethpage Station.
- Note: LIRR tickets will be cross-honored on the N22/N24 NICE Bus routes for LIRR customers traveling between Mineola and Hicksville and on the N40/N41 between Mineola and Hempstead.