Capacity at large-scale outdoor event venues, including professional and collegiate sports and live performing arts and entertainment, will increase from 20 to 33 percent beginning May 19. The state already announced that indoor capacity will increase at the same time.
This increase will coincide with the previously announced increase in large-scale indoor event venue capacity. Social distancing, masks, health screenings and all other state health and safety protocols remain in effect.
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said that capacity could increase in several other businesses outside of New York City on May 15, including:
- Gyms and fitness centers outside of New York City will increase from 33% to 50% capacity.
- Casinos and gaming facilities will increase from 25% to 50% capacity.
- Offices will increase from 50% to 75% capacity.
- Statewide positivity rate is 2.39%
- 3,174 Patient Hospitalizations Statewide; Lowest Since November 26; Down 609 Over the Last Week
- 729 Patients in the ICU; lowest since Nov. 30
- 454 Intubated; Lowest Since December 4
- 41 new COVID-19 deaths in New York State
There were three Covid-19 deaths in Suffolk County on Sunday, and a total of 41 in the state. Long Island has a 2.27% virus positivity rate as of Sunday, while the statewide infection rate is 2.39%.
Cuomo also announced the 2021 Reimagined New York State Fair, an end-of-summer celebration at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse from Aug. 20 to Sept. 6. This fair will feature food and drink, live music and entertainment, midway rides, and agriculture education and awareness in four different, concurrent festivals that will take place in the outdoor areas of the fairgrounds.
Admission is $3 per person, with children under 12 admitted free of charge.