Correcting date. The annual Draw Out Summer Arts Festival will offer a large number of activities designed for participants of all ages. The festival date has been moved from Sept. 10 to Sept. 23.
Music, watercolors, collage, sketching, and help from docents in the Heckscher Museum of Art, a chance to create with artist Robyn Cooper of Protégé Art Studio, with traditional songs and dances presented by the Shinnecock Boys & Girls Club Dance Troupe, are all part of the festival.
The first 100 attendees will receive free art supplies. Activities are free, with the festival running from noon to 5 p.m. in Heckscher Park.
The annual fest is a collaborative effort of:
- Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum
- Huntington Arts Council
- TOH Hispanic Task Force
- TOH Huntington Asian American Task Force
- Huntington Fine Arts
- Huntington Historical Society
- Huntington Public Library
- Shinnecock Boys and Girls Club
- Vanderbilt Museum & Planetarium